PICTURE YOURSELF…pursuing your career at one of the few, nationally accredited private schools, specializing in careers in Media. Whether your passion is Video Production, Music Recording or Producing, Cinematic Arts, Television Production, Radio or Internet Personality, On-Camera Television for Sportscasting, News Reporting and Anchoring or becoming a Broadcast Meteorologist, The New School has the hands-on program specific to your career path. Just north of NYC, The New School features fully equipped, state-of-the-art studios and classrooms and instructors who are working, industry professionals.
Programs offered at The New School Center for Media
- Digital Marketing and Communications: Whether you’re currently working in the field of Digital Marketing and realize that to advance, you need a better understanding and updated skills or you’re interested in changing careers, this is the program for you. As a student you will develop the professional level expertise to master todays’ world of Digital Media Marketing. Whether you’re interested in applying for a new position as a “media marketing specialist” or you want to launch your own business, this program was developed to do just that.
- Multimedia Journalism: This program prepares students to work as Television, Network or Internet Journalists, News Reporters/Anchors, Sports Reporters or Meteorologists. The focus of the program is on-camera presentation for reporting and anchoring, along with voice training, “on-camera” delivery, story development and writing. Also included are all of the technical skills necessary to become a Multi-Media Journalist, including shooting, editing, field lighting, camera operation and shot selection for the various “packages”, shot every day for Television and Internet. This program concludes with a professional “demo reel” with which to apply for a job and an internship following the “in-school” portion of the program.
- Television & Advanced Video Production: This program prepares students for all of the various jobs “behind-the-scenes”, from local television stations to major TV stations and Broadcast Networks. Whether the student is interested in working on-the-set or in the control room of a “live” TV show or creating news or sports field productions, commercials or documentary productions, the first half of the program covers it all! The second half of the program focuses on advanced, high-end video/film production and includes motion graphics, 3D, animation and cinematic technique among other “state-of-the-art” video production techniques. This program concludes with a professional “demo reel” with which to apply for a job.
- Radio & Internet Personality: Anyone interested in the performance end of Media, in the area of entertainment, will be perfectly suited for this program. The focus is on developing all aspects of the personality and delivery necessary to be a professional for On-Air Radio, Podcasting and/or Youtube Broadcasts, to name a few. Included are development of the voice in the areas of overall sound, tonal quality, inflection, articulation and a professional, yet natural, delivery. In addition the development of, ad-libbing skills and the overall on-air persona or “personality”, is key for anyone pursuing this career path. Students will be taught professional production skills, including voice-overs, personality and program development, club and mix DJ’ing and equipment operation. This program concludes with a professional “demo reel” with which to apply for a job and an internship following the “in-school” portion of the program.
- Music Recording Engineering & Advanced Audio Production: This program has two distinctly different halves. During the first two segments or semesters, students learn all aspects of professional recording engineering, from running a studio recording session to mixing, processing, post production and mastering. Although the focus is music recording, students also learn audio post production for film and video, midi, automatic dialogue replacement and all aspects of setting up and operating the full range of audio gear for both studio and “live” sound venues. During the second half of the program, students’ focus on producing. Producing is the art of making music using the tools and techniques acquired in the first half. Lastly, students will become certified as Professional Pro-Tools Engineers in Music Recording during the final semester. This program concludes with a professional “demo reel” with which to apply for a job.
- Multimedia Production & Social Networks: This program combines the incredibly essential skills and knowledge to navigate social media platforms to an in-depth extent. There is no business functioning today that does not require these skill sets. Combined with Social Media Marketing is the incorporation of the necessary video and cinematic production tools to develop and showcase the content needed to populate the Social Media sites. The wide ranges of skills acquired through this program will graduate a highly competent professional, widely sought after in todays’ job market. This program concludes with a professional “demo reel” with which to apply for a job and an internship following the “in-school” portion of the program.