Program Outline – Multimedia Production & Social Networks (630 Hours)
This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the field of multimedia and video
production. In this program, students will study advanced video production including cinematic technique,
motion graphics, animation, graphic design and still photography. Students will hone their skills and further
their ability to cover an event, shoot creative video and acquire professional audio as well as write, produce
and edit the production; resulting in a professional final product. State-of-the-art graphic techniques are
taught in a “hands-on” environment. Students will learn advanced skills within the Adobe Creative Cloud
suite of programs. Students will learn how to integrate these productions into various online and mobile
applications – including social media platforms. Approximately 75% of the students’ time is spent in
actual content production, 25% in lecture. Graduates of this program will acquire the skills to brand
themselves and create high-end artistic video and graphic productions as well as work behind-the-scenes in
a television station. The program culminates with a professional portfolio and an internship within the field.
A foundation in videography, lighting and digital video editing is strongly advised before taking this
- Unit 1: In this unit students will be introduced to the principles of still photographyand photo
manipulation using Adobe Photoshop.
- Unit 2: During this unit students will learn the basic principles of graphic design and learn the
differences between Photoshop and other design programs such as with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Unit 3: In this unit students learn pre-production techniques & writing skills for production.
- Unit 4: During this unit students learn how to create professional-level video productions.
- Unit 5: In this unit students learn post-production and how to create powerful videos using Premiere.
- Unit 6: During this unit students will learn the principles of motion graphics & 2D/3D animation.
- Unit 7: In this unit students multimedia content integration as they explore web, social media and
- Unit 8: During the final unit, students will create a final portfolio and prepare for jobs/internships.
Take a look a some of the other programs offered at The New School Center for Media.